Veggie Burger


When I was gazing at Anudivya's cutlet recipe,I said to myself why not make a whole meal with it ,by making hearty patties for burger. With hummus and baby spinach this is an all nutritious low fat burger to devour.Thanks anudivya for yet another figure-friendly recipe:)
Ingredients
4 Burger Buns
For Patties
2 cups cooked chick peas
1 small potato baked or boiled,Peeled and smashed.
1 medium carrot or 4 baby carrots ,boiled and mashed ,you could add more vegetables like peas,peppers or broccoli boiled\steamed and mashed.
1/2 teaspoon black pepper or chilly powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup store bought bread crumbs or 1 whole wheat bread slice ,processed to crumbs.
1 Tablespoon of Olive oil.
For Topping
1/2 a cup Hummus,same as in this recipe
10-15 baby spinach leaves

Method
Make the Patties
Process the chick peas using a food processor or blender. Do not use any water,blend until nicely mashed.Transfer in a bowl,mix with the other mashed vegetables along with the spices and bread crumbs. Without bread crumbs patties are likely to break, so use any kind fresh or store bought.Shape in to patties about the size of the buns ,makes about 4 medium 1 inch thick patties .
Heat a non-stick pan and lightly grease with olive oil, roast the patties on both sides just until crust is lightly crisp.
Assemble the Burger
Toast the burger buns and lay the patty,top with a tablespoon of hummus and spinach leaves and serve.

Comments

CECIL said…
Such beautiful presentation of burger! I will have to copy this recipe when I visit India - so I can make this for my mom in law's family!
beautiful looking burger. my daughter and me like this much. We alwyas tries this in merry brown. home made burger.. its diff and cool yar.
Sharmila said…
Home made burger sure looks good .. I like the idea of roasting the patty. :-)
Nazarina A said…
Wow Yasmeen,
This garbanzo bean burger sound so scrumptious, your picture says it all! I have made burgers with black beans and other types of beans, but never with garbanzo duh!!Now I definitely would like to make this!!

I finally can offer you an award!

http://giddygastronome.blogspot.com/2008/10/happy-halloween-eat-drink-and-be-scary.html
Pavani said…
thank u very much for ur comments,veggie burger tempting me have a bite,,even though i dn't like to eat burger.. i loved urs
my hubby likes it more...
Unknown said…
hi dear friend,
how r u?
ur blog is very nice...
pls visit my blog for great information..

http://spicygadget.blogspot.com/

http://www.techtrance.net/

thank you dear

Happy Diwali in Advance...
enjoy the festival with happiness..

take care..
Nidhi said…
Wow..thats a yummy looking burger and the fact that it is healthy too ....makes me feel like eating it right away.
Finla said…
Wow healthy and delicious .
I have seen this beans here but never have bought them as didn't know what to do with them.
Bharti said…
Puuurfect burger. I've been craving something like this. Will probably make it for dinner tonight.
Gita Jaishankar said…
Hi Yasmeen,
First time to your blog. You have a amazing collection of healthy recipes. Loved all of them :)
Recipeswap said…
Love the burger......especially since it figure friendly...
anudivya said…
Wow Yasmeen! It truly looks amazing. Much better than my patties... you did a great job with it girl.
Unknown said…
Nice n healthy recipe..
Deepthi Shankar said…
lovely burger .. looks delicious
Zee said…
Hey that burger is very tempting!
Yasmeen do you make the Tahini sauce in Hummus yourself or purchase it?
Do share your recipe for Tahini sauce if you have one. I liked the green chilly addition in the Hummus..tht was a novel idea.
Yasmeen said…
I'm so glad you'll enjoyed the burger:)
Zee,I do have the recipe of the Tahini sauce,will post it one fine day:)

Contact Health Nut

Name

Email *

Message *