Pumpkin Chocolate Biscotti(Conjoined Biscotti)



I loved the idea of adding pumpkin in a biscotti in Prudy's dark chocolate dipped pumpkin biscotti.I was keen about creating a conjoined biscotti ,but was very indecisive about binding a biscotti with 2 different flavors,unsure if the logs would attach without any binder.But to my amazement the two logs with my favorite flavors of chocolate and pumpkin attached firmly. Everyone in my family loved the 2 flavors in one biscotti,as its low in sugar and fat,Nabeel packed a few in his lunch box,my hubby dear enjoyed with his coffee,the littlest member(he is 19 months) of the house was more curious about chocolate and just gobbled the chocolate part and I was snacking on it till their were none.

Here is the recipe
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of All purpose flour,divided for each log
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree fresh or canned
1/2 cup of Cocoa powder
1/2 cup of brown sugar or sugar substitute like Agave nectar,divided equally for each log
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder,divided
1/4 teaspoon of salt,divided equally for each log
2 Organic eggs,1 for each log
4 tablespoon Olive oil, use 2 tablespoon for each log.
1 teaspoon of Pure vanilla extract,divided equally for each log

Method
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Make Pumpkin log
Sift together 1 1/2 cup of flour, salt, 1/4 cup of sugar,3/4 teaspoon of baking powder into a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together one egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and using a spatula and stir to make a cohesive mass.Sprinkle generous amount of flour on the work surface, get the dough out of the bowl and shape the dough into a large log.
Make Chocolate log
Similarly sift together 1 cup of flour, Cocoa powder,salt, 1/4 cup of sugar,3/4 teaspoon of baking powder into a large bowl.In another bowl whisk together one egg and vanilla extract. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture . Add few drops of milk if the mixture is too dry.Make a log just like the pumpkin log.
Attach the logs and bake
Bring the both the logs together,place them side by side and lightly press to attach.Carefully place on baking sheet lightly grease or lined with parchment paper.Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F until puffed and lightly brown.Let it cool for 30 minutes and then using a serrated knife cut cross wise in to about 15 thick slices.Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes until crisp. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Stores up to a week in a tightly covered container.

Makes about 15 biscotti.


This is my entry for Lore's Original Recipe Event

Comments

CurryLeaf said…
Lovely and lovely.I am yet to try a biscotti.This looks absolutely delish and crunchy.
Maria Verivaki said…
they look great - i made some soft pump[kin cookies the other day. i've made the two coloured look in another by piling two logs on top of another two logs and rolling them together till they are stuck together, then cslicing them as biscuits
Anjum said…
Yasmeen,they look so awesome..wish i could have them right now,ur doing a great job
Finla said…
Love the colour combinations and it looks really yummm
THATS A GREAT SNACK TO HAVE WITH MILK SHALL WE MEET IN THE EVENING THEN? :)
Cham said…
They re perfect with a cuppa :) Wonderful combo indeed
Recipeswap said…
Biscotti looks so good.......will be great to dunk it in a cinnamon flavored tea.
Clumbsy Cookie said…
Better than biscotti only 2 flavours biscotti, lol! And pumpkin seams so appropriate for now! Can I have one to dip on my tea now?
Sagari said…
biscitti looks beautifullll
raaji said…
Gr8 yasmeen that u tried biscotti....i will try this but without pumkin.....
Gita Jaishankar said…
I have never tried making biscotti, your double biscotti has inspired me to give it a try, looks great too :)
Cynthia said…
Ouuuu, I love this 2-toned biscotti. You make me feel like baking :)
Priya Suresh said…
Wowow..am gonna try soon...love the colour combination...delicious, fabulous biscottis Yasmeen...
Anonymous said…
I never baked a biscotti, these look so tempting to try.
Anonymous said…
Twin flavors in one biscotti looks gorgeous
Anonymous said…
Fabulous idea of joining the 2 flavors,I'm gonna try my biscotti with conjoined flavors next time:)
Anonymous said…
I'd enjoy those tasty cookies with my black coffee.
Malar Gandhi said…
Biscotti never attempted....wish I could try ur version! Looks perfect for me
Pam said…
You can't go wrong with chocolate and pumpkin. I am sure it would be amazing dipped in coffee.
Suganya said…
This is a very creative recipe. Look so good. Great job. Adorable idea. YUM!
Jaishree Iyer said…
Yasmeen Very lovely.. I love the colour combination n they looks gr8.
Zee said…
Great job! You are simply awesome Yasmeen..your family is lucky to have you cook all these wonderful treats for them:)
Anonymous said…
Its breakfast time and I'm craving for biscotti with black coffee:)
Anonymous said…
We regularly make biscotti for snacks,I love to match flavors like such in your recipe. Good one!
Hey HOOOOOOOOO there u r my dear PQ(got it-Pumpkin Queen) nice snacks with good color combo. let me have something with my tea.
Mimi Cooks said…
great recipe. i love the two colors of the biscotti and using pumpkin and chocolate seems strange but i am sure it is so tasty!
Thanks for sharing.
Dori said…
Yum, I'd like to have those with some coffee!
Alexa said…
Your biscotti are gorgeous to look at. I am sure they were wonderful as well.
Anonymous said…
Crunchy biscottis are my favorite tea time snack
Vibaas said…
I have something for you in my blog :)
Unknown said…
That looks cute and crunchy!
Anonymous said…
They look fab - I make biscotti with cranberries and pistachios (which I can recommend :) but will have to add pumpkin and chocolate to the list to try!
vidhas said…
Fabulous recipe. An Sweet surprise is waiting for u in my blog. Kindly check out:-)
Anonymous said…
Crunchy biscotti with any flavor is my pick with a cup of tea.
Anonymous said…
I remember eating such biscotti at my aunt's place,chocolate and pumpkin flavors in one biscotti looks amazing.
Anonymous said…
Delicious biscotti,I'm so craving for it now.
Bharti said…
How absolutely gorgeous! Love the flavors together.
Raks said…
Looks so cool! Nice oresentation too:)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
Sara said…
Your biscotti are beautiful, I love pumpkin and chocolate together,
Maggie said…
I love the idea of pumpkin biscotti and the combination with chocolate makes them even better.
Pavani said…
looks awesome iloved ur biscoo..
SMN said…
Biscotti from pumpkin never knew pumpkin can be used in so many dishes,, yum yum.. very interesting blog with so many yummy recipes
Lore said…
I adore biscotti mostly for their crunch but you've also made a great flavour pairing here. Thanks for sharing it with the Original Recipes Round-up!
Allison said…
I tried this this morning, and while the pumpkin half was easily made, the chocolate half was quite dry; I found myself adding more than "a few drops of milk" in order to get everything to bind together.

Contact Health Nut

Name

Email *

Message *