Shahi Paneer(Indian Cottage cheese). Announcing Weekend Wokking :Cheese



Shahi Paneer resonates the richness and royalty of the Mughalai Cuisine.Paneer is crowd pleasing delicacy of Indian Cuisine,especially for the lacto-vegetarians.It resembles Extra firm tofu in texture and can certainly be substituted with it for an healthier alternative.Store bought kind are almost always full-fat but Paneer can also be home made with reduced fat milk.

Roasted paneer

Recipe Shahi Paneer
Ingredients
2 cups Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) or Extra Firm Tofu,cut in cubes
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 a medium onion Onion,finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted cashews,finely ground
1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
1 teaspoon fresh garam masala(mix of ground cinnamon,cumin,cloves and cardamom) 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds(zeera)
2-3 small green chillies,chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Olive oil or vegetable oil

Method
Roasting the paneer in about tablespoon of oil is optional,just gives a nice firmer texture but could add to the fat calories.so skip it if desired.

In a saucepan saute onions with oil and cumin seeds over medium-high heat ,when lightly brown add the ginger and garlic paste,saute until nicely brown and aromatic about 2-3 minutes.Add the chillies and rest of the spices and the cashew powder.Keep stirring after a minute add the tomato puree with 1/2 cup of water.Bring to a slow boil,add the paneer cubes;simmer 8-10 minutes until the cheese soaks in the flavors.Serve warm with Flavorful rice or parathas.

This is my contribution to Weekend Wokking ,with ME as this month's happy host :D

Announcing Weekend Wokking :Cheese

I'm delighted to host Weekend Wokking for July.Weekend Wokking is a world-wide food blogging event created by Wandering Chopsticks to celebrate the multiple ways we can cook one ingredient.Check out Previous month's Cilantro round up.
The Secret Ingredient of July is CHEESE!.Its rich in calcium and protein,every cuisine has it own varieties.Show your passion for cheese,pick your favorite variety,chose the low-fat or vegan kind if on diet, whip cook bake or grill and share with Weekend wokking.

Here are the rules:


1. Entries for Weekend Wokking must be written specifically for the event, and the posts cannot be submitted to other food blog events. Exceptions include entries that are also submitted in photo contests.

2. Entries are encouraged to be original recipes created by the submitter, but if you made someone else's recipe, please include a link to that person's recipe. You are allowed to revisit your recipes, provided that the photos and post are new and created specifically for the event.

3. Submissions must include the words Weekend Wokking and a link back to this post. If the round-up is hosted by someone else, submissions must include a link to this post and a link to that round-up's host.Use of the logo is encouraged but not required.

4. Send me your entries by August 2 to my email YasmeenHealthnut(at)gmail(dot)com

Please put Weekend Wokking in the subject line of the email .Include the following details in the mail:

Your name or what name you would prefer to be called:
The name of your blog:
What part of the world you want identified as your residence:
The title of the recipe:
A permalink URL to the recipe:


Go Cheese!

Comments

Hari Chandana P said…
Looks soo delicious and lovely clicks.. Nice theme... Happy hosting..
sangeeta said…
that's my favorite...and i'll try sending something for the event.
Lena Jayadev said…
Yasmeen....this click is amazing..as i have allergy 2wards paneer, i cant try it..bt i knw dat gravy was awesome.. :) nice color dear...n awesome click.. :)
Anonymous said…
Shahi paneer looks amazing..My fav too.
Great event..Logo is too precious.
Happy hosting.
Pooja said…
Shahi paneer looks awesome! Loved the rich look of the gravy! This is an interesting event! happy hosting :)
Gita Jaishankar said…
Rich and creamy gravy Yasmeen...lovely picture. Happy Hosting :)
Parita said…
Shahi paneer looks thick and creamy! so rich in taste! love the color, looks so original!
Lisa Turner said…
Paneer is my very favorite cheese and this dish sounds and looks wonderful. I will certainly send something along to the event this month.
Delicious recipe...its so rich n creamy...awesome clicks....Happy Hosting....
Shri said…
Shahi Paneer looks delicious.Paneer/Cheese nowadays is a big no-no in my house but will see if I can whip up something for this event.
Have fun hosting the event!
Ann said…
So rich, creamy and delish. Such a lovely pictures too.
umm muhammad said…
thats my absolute favorite dish,I'm salivating :) thanks for posting, have fun hosting
Marta said…
Thanks for hosting this event!
This paneer looks delicious, this ins indeed a crowd-pleasing delicacy, well put ;)
Cynthia said…
This dish is appetizing and the platter is beautiful.
mona said…
Yasmeen, your blog is full of delicious recipes and heartful food. May Allah bless you for sharing all these recipes with us.
Shahi Paneer looks delicious.
Paneer is my favorite. Inshallah I will try to send you my entry.
Preety said…
gr8 event will try to participate..

paneer is one of my fav dishes..actually i love it so much that i can actually eat it everyday..panner curry looks so rich and creamy exactly how i like ..yumm
Ivy said…
What a great theme. I'll see what I can come up to. Your dish sounds delicious.
I loved that you used paneer as your cheese. The first time I ate it long ago, I couldn't figure out if it was tofu or what. :P Now I love its springy, meaty texture.

Thanks for hosting this month!
CurryLeaf said…
Love the theme and surely will participate Yasmeen.The shahi paneer looks toooooo inviting.The clicks of Paneer is amazing.
Bergamot said…
Looks delicious. My daughter is a paneer fan and I am on the constant lookout for recipes. Will try this.
Priya Suresh said…
Yummy shahi paneer Yas...very delicious!!
Recipeswap said…
Thats a truly creamy and fit for a king paneer dish.
Rahin said…
hi yasmeen , shahi paneer looks rich n yummy , abt the event does the recipe has to be made using a wok ? just chking :)
Deepthi Shankar said…
shahi paneer looks very rich & yummy
Archy said…
Rich an yummy Shahi paneer !!
Sanghi said…
Delicious shahi panneer! nice event too.
Preeti Singh said…
Looking really shahi......looking toooo good....nice event dear..
Anonymous said…
I didn't have time to comment before,but I just wanted to thank you for posting that Rosemary Zopf recipe.I'll bake that one for sure.
Many,many kisses to you sweet Yasmeen.
Anonymous said…
Hi Yasmeen :),
did you know that you're adorable ;)?In case you didn't,please check my BLOG.
XOXOXO...XO
Kalaivani said…
Looks so delicious.I love paneer dishes.Wonderful event.Happy hosting!!
Sarah Naveen said…
Looks so Yumm!!!! xcllnt click too!!!
Will dfntly try to participate in the event..happy hosting!!!
Astra Libris said…
Such a beautiful dish!! So creamy, yet still healthful! (hooray for making paneer at home with low-fat milk... :-) Gorgeous!

Thank you so much for your very sweet and kind good luck wishes on my return to school! :-)
Soma said…
I am not very fond of paneer except for very specific preparations, but both my kids just love it in capitals:-) esp. in creamy sauces like this.

let me see if i can get anything done for the event. i have never participated in the wokking.
Amy said…
Mmm Paneer is one of my favourite foods and I'm always looking for new things to make with it. This looks absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to try it!
great click n yum recipe Yasmeen. one of my all time favs.
momgateway said…
delicious, rich and creamy, yummmm...
Varsha Vipins said…
oh..I have to try this..looks so rich with the cashews Yasmeen..:)
Lisa Turner said…
I just sent along my submission Yasmeen. Hope you enjoy!
Anonymous said…
my favorite paneer dish...looks so beautiful.

Manjula
Bergamot said…
I made this and it was really scrumptious. the roasted cashew give it a nice flavor. Since I am on the lookout for new paneer based gravies( I make paneer almost everyday thank's to my daughter), this one's got added to our list of favourites :-)
Soma said…
yasmeen just mailed you my entry.
Anonymous said…
It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.
Hi! Your shahi paneer recipe was nominated as one of the "Best Shahi Paneer Recipes on the Net". To vote for it, please visit http://easyindianrecipes.org/side-dish-recipes/best-shahi-paneer-recipes-on-the-net-vote-for-your-favorite/ - your recipe is positioned at #47 (random order).

Contact Health Nut

Name

Email *

Message *