These morning glories are packed with nutrition in every bite. Red quinoa is not just nutritious ,but also adds a nice crunch to the muffins along with sweet and mellow dried figs. Greek yogurt makes these nice and moist. The sweetness of raisins and apple sauce is just enough to make these lightly sweet and free of any added sugar.
- 1 cups finely ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Low fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Quinoa(red or white) ,washed and soaked for an hour and drained
- 4-6 dried figs chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon melted Organic Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dry grated coconut
Makes about 6 medium muffins
To make the muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl,sift together flour,salt and baking powder
- Whisk the eggs, yogurt, melted butter , apple sauce and quinoa ,then mix in raisins and figs.
- Mix this egg mixture in to the flour mixture. Add some milk if batter is very thick ,should not be runny.
- Grease muffin tray with butter. Fill in 3/4th of the cups ,sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for about 20minutes, until the edges look lightly brown. Cool a minute or two ,before loosening the sides and flipping the trap. Enjoy fresh and warm.