Surprising for me ,over 500 recipes in this blog ,I haven't posted a sandwich recipe yet. Well,this is a tasty one to start with. Paneer is vegetarian delicacy , rich in calcium and protein. I use Shan Tandoori masala(available in Asian/Middle Eastern stores) that adds all the zing to the sandwich, rest of the ingredients in the recipe are pretty predictable.
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 Whole grain bread slices
- 1/2 lb Paneer ,thawed and cubed
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fat Free Mayonnaise (I use chipotle flavored)
- Some freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- Heat oil in pan ,add onions and sauté until translucent ,add paneer cubes ,salt and tandoori masala
- sauté 2-3 minutes until flavor soaks in paneer. Turn off heat. Cool for a few minutes.
- Crumble the paneer and mix in fresh cilantro and lemon juice.
- Spread Mayo on one slice and spread the paneer mixture on other. Slice sandwich diagonally to make triangle shaped sandwiches
- Good for lunch box ,also makes a filling snack.