Nutrition : Finger millet’s flour is also a good source of Calcium ,Minerals, Vitamins and some good number of Essential Amino Acids which are essential for human body.
Health Benefits : Control diabetes ,helps in weight loss ,treat anemia ,good for bone health and lowering cholesterol. [Source]
This luscious pudding is made with super nutritious finger millet ,also known as Ragi ,which is widely grown in areas of African and Asia. All the nutrition from the wonder millet plus the chocolaty flavor of cocoa powder makes this an awesome breakfast and a healthy snack
Secret to make this just right is to constantly stir it, especially towards the end when the pudding thickens. So don't get busy with anything else or this could get very lumpy
Serves 2 for snacks or serves 1 for breakfast
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoon(about 5 teaspoon) Ragi flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar or granulated sugar or 1 teaspoon of Agave nectar
- In a small saucepan,start heating the milk on medium-low,while the milk warms,stir in the ragi flour
- Keep stirring until well mixed.
- Now mix in the cocoa powder ,sugar(or sugar substitute) ,vanilla and continue to stir constantly as it thickens about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off when mixture is thick and pudding like consistency.
- Serve warm with dried fruits and nuts or just plain without any topping.
Watch video and please subscribe to Health Nut to get latest video updates