- 2 lb (about 1 KG) Free-range skinless chicken with bones,cut in medium pieces
- 1/2 cup Organic low fat Yogurt
- 1 medium bell pepper ,deseeded and chopped
- 1-2 hot peppers like jalapenos or seranos or Thai green chillies ,sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato,chopped
- 1/2 a medium onion ,chopped or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic,minced or chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger root ,minced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander powder or 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder or cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable oil
- some chopped Cilantro and hot peppers for garnish
Cook Chicken Separately
- Marinate chicken in 1/2 teaspoon salt ,turmeric ,chili powder and yogurt for 10 minutes.
- Heat pan with 1 tablespoon of oil ,add chicken marinated and cook on medium heat 25-30 minutes until tender and all water is dry. Increase heat towards the end to make it dry
Cook the Vegetables and mix in the Chicken
- Heat a Kadai(circular deep pot like Chinese Wok) on medium high heat ,add a tablespoon of oil followed by onions,ginger and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding bell peppers ,hot peppers ,tomatoes ,all remaining spices and salt
- After 2-3 minutes when bell peppers and tomatoes are tender,mix in the cooked chicken and cook for another 2-3 minutes until flavors blend in the chicken. Garnish with chopped cilantro and hot peppers.
- Serve warm with whole grain or multi grain flat bread\roti.
Subscribe to Health Nut Channel here