Dahi Baingan (Spicy Eggplants in Yogurt sauce)
- Long or round small size Eggplants(brinjal) 4-6
- Green chillies 3-4
- 1 medium onion,thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic,thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and coriander powder mix
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- few curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan,add the onions and saute for 8-10 minutes until nicely crispy and brown. Remove the friend onions and set aside.
- In the same pan add the cumin seeds,curry leaves, mustard seeds, garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Now add the eggplants,turmeric,chili powder\pepper ,cumin coriander powder , salt, green chillies and saute until tender, 8-10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Whip the yogurt in a large bowl ,add the chopped cilantro and pinch of salt. Mix in the fried onions and eggplants. Serve with rice.