Berry Green Smoothie and meet our new love.


Swindled in bargain,I have had it with the "Ordinary",none were dependable for more than a year.Say Hello to the ,Robust, Capable, Reliable,befitting a health nut's cautious diet,just the companion I was looking for.A dream kitchen machine ,that can juice,cook,freeze ,blend and grind,with endless possibilities of whipping up good food fast,its the Vita-mix. The machine was in my wish list for long since I reviewed the Ice dream Cookbook,that mentions the amazing power of Vita mix to create a fresh and healthy home made Ice creams.Then Bharti's impressive review added to the desire while confirming the capabilities of the machine.And an equally impressive demo of the machine at Costco,also got someone keenly interested,Mr.Health nut.Glad we shared the same desire,brought the beauty home.Its been working wonders so far.The smoothies are the easiest ,just about any kind of fruit and vegetable can be blended to a tasty concoction.



The Berry Green Smoothie
Green is always associated with good health.All the green foods are the best nutritionally ,although not always favorable taste-wise.That's were the Vita mix makes the difference by perfectly blending the greens with the fruits,for an irresistible smoothie each time.Following is just one sample of green mixed with fruits and vegetable,one can use any combination of greens(like kale,chard,collards) with ripe fruits. A smoothie like such with fruits,greens and vegetables all in one,can deliciously fulfill the body daily need of vital nutrients.

Ingredients
Serves 3
1 Ripe Avocado,cored and peeled
2 cups baby spinach(can also use 4-5 leaves of Kale or collards)
1 cup frozen berries( I used cranberries)
1 Organic Apples,cored and diced
1 teaspoon ginger,freshly grated
few sprigs of parsley
1 cup cold water

Method
Rinse the greens in cold water.For Organic fruits just rinse under tap water.The guide in Vitamix recommends washing the fruits and veggies with specially formulated soap to wash away all the pesticides.
Cut as needed and blend all the ingredients together in the Vita mix from low to high speed until smooth,takes about a minute.



The smoothie is my entry for 5 star make over : smoothies and shakes

Comments

A healthy smoothie! What a great blender!

Cheers,


Rosa
Anu said…
Healthy recipe...
Unknown said…
Delicious & Healthy Smoothie. Wishes for a Very Happy New Year to you and your Family.
Oraphan said…
Your green smoothie looks wonderful! Congrats on owning the vitamix, I'm so happy for you! What a powerful machine! I love green smoothies but I've never tried with ginger before, can't wait to give it a try!

Best wishes for a very happy and healthy 2010!
Lena Jayadev said…
Wish you a very happy new year Yasmeen darling... :)

finally im back after 2months..came to kerala for delivery and approaching due date with tensions.. :)..then now your blog is too attractive.. :) this smoothie looks so rich n creamy..wonderful snap as usual dear.. :)
Unknown said…
this is ayummy recipe..
Joanne said…
Sometimes nothing is more refreshing than a good smoothie. I love what you've jam-packed this with!
motherrimmy said…
I bought myself a Christmas gift this year - Montel's HealthMaster. It does the same thing. I love it. We are having so much fun creating different smoothies, and juices. I even made whole wheat waffles yesterday. I can't wait to try some of the sorbets and ice creams. Have fun! I know I am. :)
Anonymous said…
I give a class on FOREX (Foreign Exchange) and would like to start giving it over the web. How should I go about advertising for free on the internet?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://ccrollerexpo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7484]unlock iphone[/url]
Raks said…
sounds awesome,cool colour too!
Vikis Kitchen said…
Good friend to keep us fit. Smoothie seems perfect after these calorie loaded festive days:)
Happy New year Yasmeen.
Sarah said…
Great smoothie! I love the vitamix machines, they are amazing!
Kristen's Raw said…
Yay for greens and green smoothies! Yum!

Happy New Year!
Kristen
Muneeba said…
Congrats on the new kitchen gadget; great way to ring in the new year!
Gita Jaishankar said…
Very healthy drink Yasmeen, love the green color, never tried adding avocados in smoothies. Your drink looks very creamy,I shuld try this soon :)
Wow thats eye catching color..looks so good and healthy too. YUMMMMMy!!!!
Great that you have a vitamix now! The smoothie looks delicious!
Gorgeous green smoothie. I'm a big fan of them myself--I have one almost every day. They make me feel great. Congrats on the Vitamix. I'm at the stage you were at--longing for one. Enjoy yours. Hey, check out my Cranberry Bliss Detox Smoothie. Bet that would whip up nicely--and in a snap--in your new blender.

Great blog you have here. Can't wait to read more of it. Happy 2010!
Bharti said…
yah! Congrats! Here's to a 2010 full of healthy yummy smoothies.
It really looks smooth! I like that blender! I am really jealous! Happy New Year to you and to your family.
Rajani said…
happy new year yasmeen! congratulations on the new blender.
Shija said…
Can't imagine the fun you are having with this new gadget.Congrats.Green Rules!
shifa firoz said…
im craving for juices now! this looks perfect Yasmeen :)
Cindy said…
I also own a Vita-Mix.It's the best appliance I ever purchased.Healthy wishes for new year.
Unknown said…
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TO YASMEEN.And congrats, smoothie looks yumm and healthy too.
Sarah said…
Great start of the new year.
Unknown said…
Go Green.I can't think of anything healthier.Enjoy the power blender.
ShSmith said…
Very healthy.I'm a fan of green smoothies.
Spice said…
Hi Yasmeen, Happy NEw Year to U & your family.....all the best for the year 2010......smoothie looks very healthy....
Anonymous said…
An excellent smoothie, love the blend of the avocado, apple, and berries!
Unknown said…
Hello there I am printing out your recipes. I found it to be a money generating recipe this coming summer season in my country. Cold drinks is in demand this summer.

Avocado shake would be great much more benefits other than those articial fruit flavored shakes.

Thanks for this recipe.

organic delivered
Nice blog and juice recipe is so good.
Thank You,

Contact Health Nut

Name

Email *

Message *