Pink Stuffed Buns


October is the breast cancer awareness month.Breast cancer is the single most common form of vicious cancers in women.According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), an estimated 192,370 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed among women in the United States this year.Learn more about the what you need to know about early detection of the condition,prevention and care.Good Food always helps in balancing the over all functioning of the body.Here is my recipe for pink health- beet buns with stuffed cauliflower and turnip greens.

Recipe

Ingredients
2 roasted beets,pureed with 1/4 cup of water
2 cups Whole wheat flour
1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
2 tablespoon Extra virgin Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pack active dry yeast(about 1 1/2 teaspoon)
1/4 cup warm water


For Stuffing
2 cups Chopped Cauliflower or any fresh veggies of choice like beans,carrots or broccoli
2 cups Mustard greens,finely chopped
1/2 medium onion,finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
1/4 teaspoon each of ground cumin and coriander
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 teaspoon extra virgin Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt

Method
Prepare the dough
In warm water mix in the dry yeast. Let sit for 15-20 minutes in the warm corner.
In a bowl start mixing the flour ingredients along with the yeast. Make a smooth dough and place in a greased bowl and cover. Allow to rise for an hour in a warm place until.
double its size.

Prepare the filling
Heat oil in a pan ,add the onions and garlic,saute for 3-4 minutes.Add the spices,salt,after a minute add the vegetable and greens.Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium high heat until most water is dried out.cool.
Shape and stuff the buns
Knead the dough for few seconds and divide in to about 6 portions. Take one portion of the dough and roll in to ball and roll it using a rolling pin. Place some stuffing in the middle and close to make the shape of bun. Lay on greased cookie sheet and finish make the remaining buns,place them about 1/2 inch apart from each other. Cover with wrap and allow to rise for another hour.
Bake the Buns
Preheat Oven to 400F. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.Can store in air tight container for 1-2 days.


This is my contribution for Going Pink for October at Dragon Musings.Also if you would like to raise funds for breast cancer check out the page here..I am also sharing these with Susan's Yeast Spotting.

Comments

Finla said…
That is just so so beautiful. I just love that colour and the filling is so so yumm.
Ria Mathew said…
It is so seductive! :) Beautiful! There is a similar bun like this on my blog too! :)
Pari Vasisht said…
These buns look so beautiful and apt for the event.
Sushma Mallya said…
such a beautiful colour...lovely click too yasmeen,thanks a lot for dropping by and giving a lovely comment...hope to c u again
OMG, those look ever so beautiful! I love their pretty color and contents!

Cheers,

Rosa
Unknown said…
looks so beautiful...doesn't it brown after baking??
Shama Nagarajan said…
beautiful buns...mouthwatering recipe
sangeeta said…
you know it's completely my type....even my ghee addict husband loves such stuffed ones..:)
the pictures make me ogle at them like men ogle at breasts...ha ha..
Priya Suresh said…
Wow buns looks beautiful and gorgeous Yas!
mona said…
Yummy, Yumm Yasmeen! Those cute lil buns look gorgeous and the filling is super!
Recipeswap said…
This is super healthy.Beautiful color.
beautiful bun for a great cause! Wow they look so cool!
Cham said…
The color is quiet impressive!
SE(Denufood) said…
hi yasmeen..this looks so beautiful..lovely recipe and clicks too!
Sharmila said…
Wonderful Yasmeen! Too good! Love the idea of the filling in the buns. :-)
Parita said…
Buns look so gorgeous yasmeen, stunning!
chakhlere said…
What lovely looking yummy buns!!
Gorgeous!!
Shri said…
Fantastic, Yasmeen!I remember similar buns in Iyengar Bakery not the color though..Very pretty color!
What a lovely shade of pink-love the stuffing too :)
Laura said…
Beautiful dish for a very worthy cause!
Anonymous said…
So pretty! I love the pink color and the stuffing sounds yummy!
Poornima Nair said…
Wow, they look so cute...all pretty in pink. Would love to have some.
Varsha Vipins said…
Awesome dear..I love the cute pinky look,plus they are flaky too..I doubt if it'll cme out the same for me..n love the fact that its super healthy..:)
Ivy said…
They look so beautiful and original.
Raks said…
How cute that looks!! Beautiful Buns :)
OMG..loved that color dear..I m dreaming already that I m eating those cute buns now..
LifenSpice said…
I have tried masala buns with stuffed veggies. But, this color is so very attractive. Drooling!
Dershana said…
beautiful! i've tried this with parathas.

and i luv that choice for stuffing!
MuMmARat said…
Just amazing!!

I definately have to give these a try!
Muneeba said…
I have always been in awe of your beet creations ... and this one just left me with my mouth hanging open! Un-friggin-believable! So gorgeous, and looks delectable ... I could just stare at them all day!
Malar Gandhi said…
That is really a great job you doing there, very informative and thoughtful post, dear.

You always inspire me with your innovative dish!:) Wow...buns are gorgeous, and I could eat anything with beets.
CurryLeaf said…
So pinkish it looks.Great buns Yasmeen.
vidhas said…
Very innovative , beautiful dish. Lovley colour, awesome click. Looks yummy.
Spice Rack said…
Wow, what a very nice color. So vivid.
Anu said…
Beautiful buns... Very tempting...
Spice said…
Hi Yasmeen,
Buns looks beautiful....great idea.
Arlette said…
What an amazing color ... love it... wow this is something new I learned as you said I can use all kind of veggies as stuffing .
thanks for sharing.
Kerstin said…
SO gorgeous and creative - I love them!
What wonderful colorful healthy buns! Can you taste the beet in the dough or is it mostly there for color?
Yasmeen said…
Susan,
I don't taste much of beets but it does add the color and nutrition.
MC said…
Just lovely! I like everything, the looks, the flavors and the nutritional benefits. Thanks for sharing!
Madam Chow said…
The filling sounds delicious, and I LOVE the color of the buns!
Asha @ FSK said…
Stunning.. love the pink color and it is so nutrition packed!!
Stefanie said…
Stunning color, and the filling sounds so delicous!
Mimi said…
I have to admit: when I saw the picture of your buns, healthy was the last thing I thought of (I thought you used food color). What a great idea to color them with beets!!
themustardseed said…
Hi, I love your blog and the huge collection of healthy recipes you have. I could not have imagined making a bun like this, what a wonderful idea. It looks so inviting that it would be such a great meal for kids lunch. I have bookmarked it for trying it out.

Contact Health Nut

Name

Email *

Message *